In less than a week, I will be a senior in college. Weird.


I have grown up. I've been an adult on paper for almost three years now, but now I'm starting to feel like one.

It's been a tough ride getting here, and there are certainly times in my life that I would much rather not relive. But if I were given the choice, I wouldn't do anything different. I wouldn't change any aspect of the past 21 years for anything in the world. It's the people, places, and events in my life that have shaped me to this point. I am who I am today because of where I have been, for better and for worse--I like to hope the better outweighs the worse.

And to the person who told me today that she was sorry she didn't do more to help me through the tougher parts--I want you to know that no one could have done it better than you did. You kept me grounded when I could have easily lost control. There aren't enough words to describe how incredibly grateful I am for all that you are, have been, and will be to me.

I only hope that I can one day be half as good at this as you.

Happy Mother's Day, Mommy. I love you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

i can fold a paper crane with my eyes closed.

I'm just a little black rain cloud

writer's block.